Sunday, August 31, 2008

Monday morning - Sept. 1

Well, I managed to sleep pretty well, but not too long. I have been up since about 3:15 a.m. I have not checked on Bo and Brady yet, but Ashton is still sleeping. They don't have much longer.

I was so afraid that our travel alarm might not work, so I kept a close eye on the clock. Wouldn't that just be our luck!!

I have plugged in the hot pot and made myself a cup of coffee (Folgers Singles- I highly recommend them if you travel here). It's not great, but I hope it will give me a boost before we leave. Another thing they don't have much of is Diet Coke. Sherry (our guide) said no one drinks it here. Only Coke and it tastes different.

I would like to go on record and say I am really ready for some regular food! The food has been good, but I would hate to think I had to eat it everyday. I have every intention of finding a Pizza Hut or McDonalds tonight. I have been boycotting McDonalds for some time due to their social agenda, but I may have to cut them some slack soon!

Thanks to everyone again for the prayers and support. My next post will have our girl in it! I will go straight to the heart of it and show pictures first.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I have no idea how you guys were while we were in Korea, but if it was like this - it was torture! LOL I'm just on the edge of my seat waiting to hear (and see) that everything went well! Good luck today, my friend.

Maria said...

I keep checking in on you. I wasn't expecting to see an update so soon, but fingers are crossed and prayers said that your flight goes well (and quickly) and that you have Emma very very soon. I can't imagine how in the world you could sleep anyway, so I'm not surprised to see you up so early! The long road is near the end, dear friend, enjoy every moment of it!!

Anonymous said...

Know that you ALL are in our thoughts and prayers. Go meet that sweet baby girl. Can't wait to hear that you have her in your arms! Be safe!

IrisH said...

Sorry, the anonymous comment was me.....computer glitch! All the best to you! Iris

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys are having a great time. I can't wait to see the pics of Emma. Good Luck today and remember that its okay if you break down as soon as you see her beautiful face.