Saturday, August 30, 2008

Lotus flowers at the Summer Palace.

Sign in the bathroom at the restaurant.

Okay, I don't know exactly how to caption this one. We were getting back on the bus after the Summer Palace tour and I saw this in the bathroom from the bus window. Plucking a duck?


In front of the lake at the Summer Palace.

A squatty potty at the restaurant. Luckily, there were regular toilets as well. Sherry told us there are different types of toilets and they are rated 1 star to 5 star. 1 Star is "hold your nose" and the they get better. You have to remember to have your own toilet paper at some of them.




The Kunming Lake. This picture doesn't do it any justice at all.


On Tinenaman Square in front of Chairman Mao.


These are our guides from AWAA, Lineker and Sherry. The other girl in the picture is here with her mom to adopt a 12 year old boy.















1 comment:

Wife of the Pres. said...

Mayme, I am so excited for you guys! BTW, you all look just wonderful in that photo of all four of you! I always here people say to just put on a cap and don't worry about it. But you look GREAT!!! No cap needed! LOL! I know you must be getting so anxious--let's see just one more day!!!! I am stalking your blog just a little bit!!! LOL! I cannot believe that we will be leaving in 11 1/2 days. I am FREAKING OUT!!! I can't wait to see your Monday post!!! A lady I met here this week is probably going to be looking in on your blog. She is an AP and has a little boy with a very similar SN as Emma. I hope it is OK that I shared your blog. I will email hers to you. You just have to see her son!

OK, well I am bad about rambling when I am trying to figure out what to do next. I'll go make another list. ENJOY your Sunday afternoon!!! Praying for the Big DAY!