Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Busy is the Key Word

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm just running in circles! I can't believe that I have not posted in several days, but everything has been so busy. Between band practice, golf practice, doctor's appointments, Sylvan, and getting ready for school to start back, I feel like I'm just slightly keeping my head above water.

Today' agenda includes Ashton having his physical in Nashville, coming home and then Brady having band practice from 3-6, then parent night at the middle school at 7 p.m. All of that, while trying to plan for our trip, do laundry, and clean my unbelievably dirty house.

The boys start to school on Friday for a 1/2 day. They are both ready and have been for a while. Ashton is bored and looking forward to getting back in the swing of things. I finally ordered my new oven yesterday at Sears and while there, Ashton got to get his dream book bag. He had been eying one at American Eagle and I had refused to buy it because it was too expensive. After negotiating with him, I bought it for him and he was so happy. He has it all packed with his binder and supplies and it makes me remember when I was little and we had those nerdy book satchels that we carried. Of course, they were not nerdy then and I always loved mine. So Ashton came home and mowed the yard to earn his book bag. Push mowed the yard. We are trying to teach them some character:)

I am hopeful that the fingerprint saga is over. We had them done on Saturday and now I just hope they make it to China as they are supposed to. I have requested they be expedited, but I have learned that really doesn't mean much to the powers that be.

Bo and I made it into the attic on Sunday afternoon when the temp. outside was 97 degrees. Well, he was actually the one in the attic and he handed things down to me. He just about overheated! Well, I have no car seat or stroller for Emma. The car seat that I had was an infant seat that Dede had given me, so that's too small. The stroller, well it was just too old. But on the plus side, she does have a very cool sit and spin thanks to Lawson (Dede's son).

Well, I'm off to start the day with coffee in hand. Ashton is going to be difficult to wake up this morning because he will be feeling the after effects of Benadryl. He seems to have gotten into some chiggers while in the woods picking up his golf balls and he is experiencing some itching all over his legs. For those of you unfamiliar with chiggers, let's just say they are mean little creatures that cause a lot of scratching!

No comments: