Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Ray of Hope

After attempting to contact the NVC until midnight last night while at work, I was finally able to speak with the same lady from last week this morning at 6:45. She remembered me. After again going over the details of our situation, she was finally able to get some information stating that something had been sent to Guangzhou yesterday, but she didn't know what it was. Guess what? I would have to talk with a supervisor about that and she was away from her desk and I would have to call back. I don't understand the whole system of you have to call back and they can't call you and I explained that to her. She finally took my number and said that someone would call me back. I'm sure that it won't come as a surprise to anyone that no one called me back and I have been attempting to contact them since noon. FINALLY I was able to speak with someone else and he looked up our information and told me that the fingerprints had been sent yesterday to Guangzhou. Praise God.

Now we are waiting to hear back from our agency about where we stand.

The remodeling has been going on all day and there has been a glitch in the plumbing situation. I have had no coffee. That's not a good thing.

Ashton has informed me that he wants to try out for the tennis team. He has never played tennis, but I guess we will check into it.

Brady had to stay after school today for marching band practice. They have their first game on Friday night and of course I have to work. I think he's enjoying high school.

So that about wraps it up for today. Still waiting, but things are looking a little better.

No comments: