Friday, August 22, 2008

An Early Riser

Good morning. Shouldn't someone who is tired be able to sleep? I have been awake since 3 a.m. and finally decided it was time to get up. I can't stand to lay in bed and think. So I decided to move my show downstairs and add coffee, Bible, and computer.

I receive several devotions everyday and I attempt to read most of them, but a lot of days I just can't seem to find the time. Well, I've read them all this morning, so that is one accomplishment of getting up. One of those devotions came from the following verse: Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. I'm not doing to well with that one. All I can do is thing about how our life is in the hands of a supervisor somewhere and whoever makes the appointments for the Chinese Consulate. But then I think about it more realistically and know that our lives are in the hands of Jesus Christ and he remains in control even when I feel like the whole world is spinning out of control. Sometimes it's just hard to remember that.

I keep having so many thoughts running randomly through my head, but the one that seems to keep me awake is seeing Emma in a crib alone, looking so sad. I just keep wondering if she gets held very often, if they are taking the time to really feed her, does she ever smile. I think the revelation over the last week of the Chinese not finding the little girl pretty enough to sing at the opening ceremonies just keeps haunting me. Please understand, I'm not belittling the Chinese in any way, but their desire for perfection just eats at me. My little girl isn't perfect in their eyes. Her hands are not perfect. Her feet are not perfect. In their eyes, as well as most of the world's eyes, she is the picture of imperfection. But in God's eyes, she is perfect. She was perfectly made by him. So when we are experiencing the looks from others at our girl, and we will, I have to remember that she is a perfect creation in His eyes and my thoughts should be to pray for all of the other imperfect people in this world. She is also a perfect creation in our eyes. She was chosen especially for our family. I have no doubts about that.

In saying that about the Chinese, I also realize it's just about as bad in the USA. If there has ever been a country bent on perfection, it's here. Just look at Hollywood. So we can be pious if we want to, but the only difference between us and the Chinese is that we probably wouldn't be so bold as to admit to it.

Okay, enough preaching. Perhaps blogging before 5 a.m. isn't such a good idea.

So the question is, where will we be in a week? Somewhere in China or still waiting ever so impatiently here at home.

Today's agenda. Attempt to sleep before having to work tonight. Brady has his first ballgame. He has also begged to stay after school and ride the bus to the game. Of course, it's killing me for him to be so grown up, but it's a fact that I am going to have to get used to.

Ashton needs a tennis racket for his try outs on Monday. Poor kid has never had a racket in his hands, but he is so excited about trying out. I keep trying to remember what I learned in college about tennis, but that was too many years ago. He's such a natural athlete that he will probably make the team and add to the craziness that is our life. Side note, his team won the golf match on Wednesday and also got drenched in the rain.

Bo is finally off for a weekend. YEAH. We have so much to do, so it will be nice to have him home on a Saturday.

Please continue to pray as it comes to your mind today about our travel plans. I hope to hear something early because I'm sure I won't be able to sleep at all until I do.

I hear the alarm going off upstairs. I'll bet Bo is wondering where is wife disappeared to.

No comments: