Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday

Brady performed well in his marching band routine last night according to all reports. Of course I was at work and didn't get to see it. The grandparents and Bo thought he was the most talented of all and they are certainly not bias.

Work stunk last night. Glad it's over.

I'm still slightly unglued from all the adoption mess. I am anxious to talk with the travel coordinator on Monday and see if anything has happened. I have just about come to terms with the fact the we will most likely travel on September 11 instead. I am certainly not happy about any of it, but it's out of my control.

I have the greatest friends in the world. I received a phone call from a former pastor's wife yesterday to tell us she was praying for us and that meant so much. Brenda, Angel, and Kay, my good friends at work, were waiting on me when I arrived yesterday and had been reading my blog during the day and knew how awful my day had been. They were there for me with hugs and support and I appreciated it so much. Dede listened to me complain most of the night about the whole situation. She has been there since day one. When you work all night with someone they have no choice but to listen to you:) They are confined.

I also appreciate the comments that I have received on the blog. It's strange to think that people that you will most likely never meet are reading about your life and sharing in your struggles. I appreciate all of the prayers from everyone. They are needed.

Well, we are spending a quiet night at home for once. Ashton is dying to go practice tennis now that he has a racket. We will see if we can hold him off. I'm planning on plopping down on the couch and staying there. It's pizza night and I will feel no guilt. I admit that I am an emotional eater and at this point, I don't care.

Have a great rest of the weekend. Keep praying:)

1 comment:

Lindsey Carney said...

Hello, I am so glad to add your blog to the ones I read daily! I have been being updated on your adoption through my mother in law, Sheryl Carney. This is Lindsey Attebery-Carney. I was reading Melissa Lewis' blog this morning and she asked prayer for you guys and had a link to your blog. We will definitely be praying for you guys. I totally can relate with you. We received our referral a month and a few days ago and they originally told us we would travel in August, well, August is almost over. Everyday gets harder because it's a day my son grows, with out me and Jason. I stood at church last night and fought back tears as I asked for prayers, I'm really struggling. So with all that being said, you're not alone, and you'll definitely be on my heart! Our blog is www.carneyadoption.blogspot.com