Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Must Have Closet Space!!

I have gotten hand cramps from writing thank you notes for all of the wonderful gifts that our little girl received on Sunday at the baby tea. It was lovely and the ladies had it decorated so cute with lady bugs everywhere. We received so many gifts and gift cards and we appreciate it all. I am going to put some of the toys away and save them for Christmas. This child will be in overload if she sees all of this.

"All of this" is just laying in the floor, on the dining room table, in chairs! It's everywhere. I have managed to put some of the clothes away, but until little one has her room finished, I suspect we are going to have stuff everywhere. It's becoming a way of life!

Brady survived his first full day of high school with the upper class men yesterday. I was not a happy mom dropping him off yesterday morning and knowing that he was nervous, but was putting on a good face. I suspect that was to help me more than anything. He survived, but told me yesterday afternoon that it had been a very confusing day. I tried to reassure him that it will get better in just a few days and he will have it figured out.

I am very proud of him! He had a progress test at Sylvan on Saturday and his math skills have improved significantly. Of course, I expected them to for all the time and money we are investing. He of course says he has not learned anything from it and just wants to get out. We are much closer to that! I think my boy may end up being a math genius after all.

I had a great visit with Maria this morning. She came over and bought almost all of the little outfits that I had bought for Emma over the last 2.5 years that are too small. Her little Miss Ellie will be coming home in October and she will be able to wear the small stuff. Emma doesn't look like she will be able to wear any of the little things, so I was thrilled to get them out of the closet. I hated to see some of them leave because I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing and feeling when I bought them. Oh well, such is life! I hope that Ellie gets many wears out of them.

I love my new oven. It's pretty neat and my family is glad that I have not forgotten how to cook. I hope that is the last appliance that we have to buy for a while! Sears knows me by first name:)

No comments: