Friday, August 29, 2008

WOW

It's 6:10 in the morning here. We have survived our first night without incident and are heading to eat breakfast soon and then off to sight see.


We ventured out yesterday to the Chinese version of Walmart and it was an adventure. I have never felt so out of place. I should never complain about having to wait in lines at Walmart or Kroger again. We bought water and a few drinks for the boys. It's hard to imagine not being able to brush your teeth without using bottled water. So far I have remembered and I hope the boys do as well.

The food in the store was interesting to say the least. They were cutting all types of meats right in the center of store. Huge sides of pork just right in the open. Very neat. But I have to say, I have never felt so out of place. It's interesting to be the foreigner.


Ashton slept in my room last night and Bo with Brady. I think the boys slept great, but Bo and I not so well. I was up every hour.


We ate at the hotel last night night and the food was good, just very small portions.


Late Entry: We just returned from the breakfast buffet in the hotel and it was great. We have finally eaten our fill and think we will survive.

It's hard to put in to words just what we have experienced so far, but suffice it to say, I really love home and we have just started.

All of the families that we have met seem so nice and it is wonderful to finally meet the folks that you have been seeing on the blogs. Everyone is so excited to finally be here.

We are off to see the sights. I will post again later.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

This is Brian. I'm hijacking Melissa's identity so I can leave a comment:)

I'm so happy for you guys. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. We are checking the blog often. I hope you're able to relish in every moment while you're in China. We can't wait to meet Emma! Say hi to Brady and Ashton for me.

Brian

Maria said...

I'm so glad you are there and things are going ... well??? I know exactly how you feel about being a foreigner. It's an odd feeling to have people staring at you, isn't it? I know this is such an adventure for you all and I'm praying that each day brings safety and fun. Can't wait until you meet Emma. Hugs!!

Dawn said...

Good morning (or evening for you).
I am a fellow AWAA mommy to be, and I am having a great time watching your journey. Enjoy Beijing, it goes fast and furious!!! But, it certainly helps the wait...
Glad you all arrived safely and we are praying for all of you and your children!
Can't wait until your Gotcha Day!!! There is nothing like it... ;-)
In Him,
Dawn