Friday, August 22, 2008

I Know What A Volcano Feels Like

If it were possible for 2 1/2 years worth of frustration to build up in your system and move from your feet to your head and then explode out of your ears, I would be leaving one heck of a mess in my house right now. I am beyond frustrated, I am downright about to blow.

The latest word is that we have to wait to see if there is an available appointment with the Chinese Consulate left for the August 28 travel group. It could take 1-5 days to find this information out, and in all likelihood, there is no available appointment. That being the case, it is looking more like we will be traveling on September 11 instead of next week. So believe me, frustration is putting it mildly.

So it appears that we enter the weekend not knowing if we might possibly leave for China in 6 days. Nothing like packing like a smuggler leaving down.

I am trying to see the good in this situation, but somehow it escapes me. Because of bureaucracy, my daughter will most likely spend another 3 weeks in an orphanage. That is 3 weeks of her life that we will never get back.

So please continue to pray that someone in the Chinese Consulate's office sees fit for us to get an appointment and that we can leave next week. Please pray for Emma as she waits on her mom and dad. And please pray that my blood pressure medicine really does work well, because I'm a stroke waiting to happen.

4 comments:

Carla Lewter said...

I am and have been praying for you guys, I know this is really hard. But it will all work out in the end, even though I know that is so hard when all you want is to have your daughter in your arms. I will continue to pray for you and hope you are leaving next Thursday!!!

Fellow AWAA family,
Carla L.

Maria said...

There is NOTHING more frustrating that what you are going through. There aren't pills strong enough for this drama, but God is. You know that, but it's hard to convince your heart and head and I KNOW what it's like to not be able to sleep, to be exhausted, to be grumpy -- this stuff is HARD!!!! I am praying for you -- know that -- and I can't wait to hear of the good news that you got the appointment!

Wife of the Pres. said...

Any news Mayme? I've been thinking about you all day. I hope you got the good news we're all praying for! Hope you can get some needed sleep too!
Leslie

Anonymous said...

We are a AWAA family as well and received our SN referral at the same time as you all. I don't know what to say except that I will continue to pray for your family and your daughter, faithfully. If I was in your situation, my blog would look like a warning on an R rated film "Contains Violence and Foul Language". Seriously, this is the most heartbreaking piece of beaurocracy to be thrown to a family at the end of such a journey. What's three weeks?, friends and family may ask?? EVERYTHING!!!!! I know I'm not helping to encourage you much(!!!), I just want you to know how justified and understandable your anger and heartbreak is. With love and hopes that we still might meet you in Beijing,
the Landino Family