Saturday, August 16, 2008

"Mom's Sleeping, Let's Party"

For those of you who have teenage boys, you know that food is constantly on their minds. I realize there are other things on their minds as well, but I refuse to talk about that:)

I came home from work this morning. Bo is working again today, so the kids had gotten up and already started their grazing. Ashton had eaten toaster strudel and emptied the milk container. Brady had eaten left over hamburger casserole and drank a Capri Sun. Yes, very healthy choices while I wasn't here. I brought them home some breakfast from Hardees and they ate every crumb of that and then I went to bed for a few hours.

After sleeping for a few hours, I came downstairs and immediately Ashton tells me he has made himself a snack of crackers, cheese, and bell pepper. Interesting. I also find a bowl of dried on strawberry oatmeal that he had eaten, a chocolate mini molten bowl scraped clean, generic Sprite and the remains of the hamburger casserole.

Brady is preparing himself a lean cuisine Alfredo, he has polished off 3 oatmeal cream pies, another lean cuisine and hamburger casserole. A brownie for dessert.

I feel like I'm feeding a small group of gorillas. They are always hungry and have a problem cleaning up after themselves. I immediately put them to work picking things up, folding laundry, vacuuming, emptying the dishwasher, and picking up their rooms. You would have thought I had asked them to sacrifice their right arms.

So tonight, I have to grocery shop. One of my favorite things to do with my family in tow.

So for those of you with little kids, beware, this is how it turns out. They are like sharks roaming the waters looking for prey. I can guarantee you that within another hour, they will be back downstairs looking in the fridge for something to devour!

No comments: