Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Possible Glitch in the Plans

I have said it many times since we started the adoption journey, adoption is not for the faint of heart. The ups and downs of this whole thing can literally crush you.

Our plans of traveling on August 28 are not confirmed yet because we don't have a consulate appointment in China. This is a must have before we travel. One of the things that China requires is that all of our paperwork be up to date and they have it. Our fingerprints that were done on 8/2/08 (for the 3rd time - have I mentioned that before), are still in the processing stage and it would be easier for me to swim as fast as Michael Phelps than to get a concrete answer from anyone at the USCIS office in Memphis. I have e-mailed them AGAIN for any estimation of when the processing might be complete, and basically, that's all that I can do. So to say that I am only slightly irritated with the system right now would be an understatement.

I am tired after working last night and not getting any rest this morning, I am frustrated that our daughter's future might be lying on someones desk right now, and at this point after such a long period of time dealing with the highs and lows of adoption, I am so ready to get this process over with and get her home. Yes, I know that God is in control and that is most likely the only reason that I am not going postal right now.

So, that is where it stands. I just ask that all of my blog reading friends and family please pray that the USCIS will get a move on and get the processing done, that China will grant us a appointment soon and that we can travel on August 28 as we had planned. If that isn't what God has in store for us, I pray that I can have peace about it.

3 comments:

tinetinesmom said...

Mayme, I have a daughter who is in the process of adopting a daughter from Korea. She has a son, from Korea, who came home in 2006. She has always had trouble with the USCIS and she has contacted her congressmans' office several times and the lady there has been EXTREMELY helpful both times in getting the USCIS to at least communicate with her. Maybe you could try that.

Best wishes on your trip to bring home your little girl!

Wife of the Pres. said...

Oh Mayme, I am so sorry this is happening. It is so unfair. I agree with the above poster; contact the SENATORS now. They can make things happen overnight if they are so inclined. I am going to email you the number I have and the name. I am not sure if it would help as it is to the local office in Nashville that does the fingerprints but maybe she could do something. As I said, she was there back in October and helped us through a lot. Charlie's hands were very bad with his ezcema and she was really a Godsend. I'll email you now. I PROMISE that I stopped praying that we could travel together when you got your LOA! Oh, you have got to be on that trip in two weeks. I'm praying for that!!!

damon & linda said...

We are praying for you guys! We had an almost identical issue and only just got it resolved. I emailed the USCIS & the NVC (National Visa Center) everyday. The day we finally got word the docs had been sent to China, I had made a list with my state reps, congressmen & senators phone #'s and email addresses so I could contact them the next day if I hadn't heard anything. Just keep after 'em! We want you with us in August!!

Fondly,
Linda