Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Morning

Okay, so my old stove is sitting in the middle of the floor and I should have a new one between 12:45-2:45 according to the call I received from Sears Home Delivery at 6:20 this MORNING. At least they are on the ball!

I keep looking at my house thinking "What gives?" I can't seem to get it together. I have luggage everywhere, but there is a system to it. My precious daughter won't have her own room when we get home, but I'm not so concerned about that. I imagine that she will be in our room for a while until she gets acclimated. The downstairs building project is coming along, but it isn't going to be done by the time she gets home. So Brady and Ashton remain in their rooms. It will take approximately a LIFETIME to get Brady's room disinfected and painted before we can move Emma into it:) I can only imagine the gems we will find when we get to moving his furniture out and painting.

So, as you can see, we are not prepared for her arrival. Well, our house isn't prepared, but our home and our hearts are ready and waiting!

I couldn't have felt more proud while watching the opening ceremonies and seeing how well China did in preparing for the Olympics. It was amazing to watch. Amazing may not even be the right word. Breathtaking. I just kept thinking about how my daughter will be forever connected to China and how I want to instill in her the pride that she so rightfully deserves to feel.

Today is baby shower day at Bo's home church. I am looking forward to it. I have cheated somewhat by looking at the Target registry and seeing what has been bought. Is that cheating or just being prepared?

Another busy week is ahead. I have to work 2 nights this week, and the boys have several things lined up. I really want to go to a consignment sale tomorrow, but I have so much to do. I would love to find a stroller and car seat. We need at least 2 car seats and 4 would be nice so that I can share them with grandparents.

I can't believe that we are only 18 days away from leaving! It's slightly blowing my mind. My packing list is slowly having items checked off. I have her medicines lined up, our prescriptions yet to be filled, many snack items bought. I have not found Tylenol suppositories yet, so that is an item I am looking for. We probably won't need them for her, but as a nurse, I think those are great to have just in case.

I continue to have the sense of overwhelming craziness with everything that is going on. It's not as bad, but it's there. However, I am asking God to give me a sense of peace and calm and not let me feel so overwhelmed that I can't enjoy this moment in our lives. I especially won't his sense of peace while we are in China. I know things will probably be crazy and I know that I tend to come unglued sometimes in those moments, so please pray with me that He will grant me a complete sense of peace so that I can enjoy all that is ahead and soak in these blessing that He has blessed us with. It's easy to get lost in the craziness and I don't want to do that.

Well, I have to get a shower and head to church. I am helping with VBS this morning and then rushing home to go to the baby shower. I can't believe that at the ripe old age of 40 I am having a baby shower. God really does have a great sense of humor.

No comments: