Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday evening - Tomorrow is the DAY

Exhausted and slightly crazy would describe our family right now. We had another very busy day at the Wall, the Jade factory, lunch, dinner and the acrobatics show - which I hear was good, but I slept through most of it.

First off, the Great Wall is indeed that. We made it to the first tower and then called it quits. The steps are completely uneven and we were too tired to go any farther. One of the signs posted as a warning on the way up says "People with Heart Disease or Brain Disease shouldn't attempt". Well, at this point I'm pretty sure that I suffer from brain disease.

I just keep thinking that tonight is the last night that Emma will have to sleep in an orphanage. Tomorrow night, she sleeps in a real bed with real parents and brothers. I hope that somehow in her little mind she knows that she is about to have a family.

Our schedule is pretty crazy again tomorrow. We had to pack all of our bags tonight and they are being taken to the airport tonight (we hope). We only kept our clothes for tomorrow and the important documents, etc. We meet in the lobby in the morning at 5:30 and head to the airport. There are 16 families and most of us are going in different directions. We have to rush to the airport and get boarded. I think our flight might take approximately 1 1/2 hours. They tell us we will have time to go to the hotel after landing, but I know that many times the babies are waiting for you when you arrive at the hotel and you get no time to prepare. I am taking some diapers, wipes and Cheerios with me just in case. It's going to be an interesting day I'm sure.

I forgot to mention that our first stop today was at the church. Beijing International Christian Fellowship church. It was a moving experience with all the different nationalities there singing in different languages. We had to show a copy of our passports before entering because the Chinese people can't enter without being registered as a Christian. I was so filled with the spirit I couldn't stop crying during the worship portion. Just looking around a room filled with so many different people in a country that I had to show my ID to be allowed in really brought home the fact that I am so glad to live where I can go in any church and worship. I hope I never forget the feeling that I had during the service.

Well, I am about to attempt to go to bed now. I know that you guys at home are at church and I know that many prayers will be prayed for our family today. Please know that each one of them means so much to us and that we have felt them. Pray for our girl as she lays on her little hard bed tonight and waits for her parents. Pray that she is healthy and that she will attach to us with ease. Pray that she won't be afraid of us. Just pray.

We love you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mayme and all.
We have so enjoyed keeping up with your trip so far and can't wait to hear all about Emma. We are praying for all of you as you make this new addition to your family. We look forward to reading about your travels everyday. Love to all. Aunt Jamie

Maria said...

I've been reading with gusto about your experiences there and CANNOT wait to log in again and see that you have Emma! We prayed for you all in our Sunday School class today. HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Missed you all today. Bo, Christian did really well...he may be after your job! :) I'm HATING that I will be in Colorado when you get back. You all will have to take lots of video and pictures and we will show them at church and have a party! Be safe and we are keeping you in prayer. I told the folks Emma would be picked up in the middle of the night our time...we may all stay up and wait with you.