Thursday, July 31, 2008

Looks Like I'm a Mess

I had a dental apt. this morning for a cleaning. The hygienist says to me "your teeth look great, but your gums are looking slightly irritated which is usually caused by stress and hormones." WOW. I just so happen to have an abundance of both.

I go by the salon to have a quick lip/brow wax (now you know:), and my good friend Jenny who is the greatest astetician (sp?) and has been doing my waxing forever (and when I'm lucky, an occasional facial) says to me that she is noticing some redness (inflammation) on my face that is usually caused by stress. I'm sensing a pattern here.....

I have managed to really work on our packing list and actually start packing some things. I have gone through the medicine cabinet and found things that we might need while traveling and started making an enormous shopping list of the things that we don't have. I'm sure that a lot of it will never be used, but I don't want to take any chances while I'm a million miles away.

It's so hard to know what to pack for Emma. I know that the latest sizes that we received may not be very accurate, so I am only estimating her weight to be around 18-20 pounds. So I am taking 12 month sizes that may end up being too small and 18 month sizes as well. I know that I should not over pack for her, but I have been waiting for a while, so I'm going to take several cute outfits so I can pick and choose what she wears. I'm also concerned about shoes. I don't know if she can wear cute little sandals since she has special feet, so I think I need to buy some little white sneakers. I have no idea what size. My other babies have size 9's and 10's, so it's been a while since I thought about little feet. As I posted yesterday, I'm only slightly worried for Emma and her slightly unprepared mom.

Still no working oven. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but I hope to have one soon. I am browsing. As soon as I find one that comes with self cleaning and self baking, serving, and cleaning up afterward, I'm taking out a loan and buying that puppy.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Mayme, there are little socks that look like Mary Janes. So, they give the effect of shoes. You can get them at Target. Or you can get more expensive ones at Katy's Hallmark or places like that. My baby just kicks or rips her shoes off, so I have given up!