Monday, July 7, 2008

Introducing Ashton and Brady's little sister Emma Elizabeth FuYi McGowan



We are officially going to be her forever family. I received the call while I was sitting on the beach reading my book and enjoying the breeze. God smiled down on us and we got the call from Leah, our family coordinator. Bo and the boys had already gone back up to the condo and I was enjoying some quiet time. I knew referrals were supposed to arrive today and there was a possibility that RA's would come also. When my phone rang and I heard Leah's voice on the other end, I told her that she was the only one allowed to interrupt my tranquility and she laughed saying she thought the news she had would be worth it. I knew it would be! So now, she has to Fed Ex our paperwork here tomorrow and then we sign it and overnight it back to her so it can go to China ASAP. She could only venture a guess as to when we would travel, but most likely around the last week of August or first week of September. Sooner would be great, but it's all in God's very capable hands. I'll leave it there. He has blessed us beyond all measure and I can't even begin to praise him enough.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Woohoo!! I'm so glad you're able to post her sweet picture and that your RA arrived! Enjoy your vacation that much more!

Maria said...

She is beautiful!!! Your family is so lucky!

Stacey said...

I've been checking for her picture nearly every day! She is so beautiful! Congratulations!!

Erica said...

Emma is so beautiful! Congratulations! We'll continue to pray for your family - specifically for Emma's safety and well-being and for a super fast travel date. We are so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! I think she will look good in orange and blue! I'll be sure to send some orange and blue when you let me know the size. :) Love you and I'm so excited for you!!!

amorisa said...

What a Cutie! So excited fro you all!
Start packing! You will be in China before you know it.
Congratulations.