Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Stress Causes What?

Okay, so the last 2 mornings I have gotten up with a toothache and had severe tooth sensitivity to hot liquids (aka COFFEE). I managed to get an apt. with the dentist today and he seems to think I'm clinching my jaws at night while I sleep and causing me to have pain in my tooth. He said my jaw was very tight and it's tender to touch, so I'm sure that is probably the culprit. He asked if I was under a lot of stress and I refrained from telling him just how much! Bo says I've been snoring a lot at night and I have been so tired that I haven't even been waking up during the night. The last few weeks have been slightly exhausting! I guess it's just preparing me for when little sister gets here and I have to be up at night and all the things that go along with having a little one around. Don't get me wrong, I'm ready for that part of this journey! I just don't want to have to give up my beverage of choice!

We had our Hep A vaccines today and everyone (including me) did well with that. Ashton didn't even complain too much. Of course, his payment was a Krispy Kreme donut with chocolate glaze and sprinkles. He can be bought! We have to get another injection in 6 months and we should have life time immunity.

We has a great lunch at Red Robin. The burgers were great ! I highly recommend it.

I have not managed to get a lot done around this house this week, but it's always hard to accomplish much when Bo and the boys are at home. As soon as I do something, it's undone just as quickly. Bo is still wrestling with the basement and the pool. They boys have played Monopoly and argue during most of the game. They both like to cheat and that always turns into a screaming match.

One of my morning devotions was about worry. One of the lines in it said "Worry doesn't empty tomorrow of it's sorrows, it just empties today of it's strengths." I thought that was great way of looking at things and how very true.

I keep thinking about Emma and hoping that she is being held and loved by her caregivers. I hope that she gets to smile and laugh each day and when she goes to bed at night that someone gives her that last little touch and she goes to bed peacefully. I look forward to those moments when I can put her to bed after rocking her and she knows that she has a forever family that will never leave her and accepts her just the way she is. I also think about her biological family and the decision that was made to abandon her. I have nothing but respect for them because I don't know their situation and will not judge them. When I look at Emma's little hands and feet and think that her mom may have had the same condition and didn't want Emma to be shunned by people, or perhaps she knew that if she was adopted she could get the best medical care, I am forever grateful to this woman who made this choice. Because of her, I have the privilege to parent my daughter. I may be "glamorizing" the entire situation and she may have chosen to abandon her daughter for less honorable reasons, but regardless, she is now ours (or will be soon:) When I look into her little face I just see a bright future ahead of her with a family that loves her so much. I thank God that he chose us to parent this little dumpling!

No comments: