Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Waiting - What's New?

After almost 3 years of this adoption journey one would think we would be used to waiting. We spent the entire day holed up in the condo waiting on our package. After some confusion regarding the tracking number and delivery, we finally received it around 3:45 and rushed to get the paperwork signed and sent back overnight. The Fed Ex guy looked a bit concerned when I started taking pictures of him as he walked from the street and up the stairs. I reassured him that we were not stalkers and he appeared less apprehensive and more inclined to have his picture taken. We were a little disappointed in that there was nothing new in the package. I'm not exactly sure what we were expecting, but it was a single sheet of paper from CCAA that was translated in English stating that we agree to adopt Ta Fu Yi, DOB 2-13-07. No additional health information and no information regarding her abandonment. As of now we still don't know her story of how she came to be at the orphanage. We are hopeful that we might get some additional information or perhaps find out more when we travel. Her information from the referral just states she was in the orphanage in March, 2007, but it doesn't tell anything more. I really want to know as much as possible about her abandonment because I think she deserves to know that information later on in life.

We got the paperwork sent and headed out to dinner. Dede and her family and some friends are in Destin, so we hooked up with them so Ryan could come over to our place and hang out tonight and tomorrow. Needless to say, the boys are thrilled to have someone to play with. They are outside hunting crabs in the dark right now. Hopefully tomorrow will be a great day at the beach. The waves seem more choppy tonight, but the seaweed was back out today. I am looking forward to laying on the beach tomorrow with today's ordeal behind us. When we get back home, I have to get some additional paperwork together and sent to AWAA right away. I also have to start the packing plans and get gifts for the nannies and orphanage director, which is customary. I just keep telling myself that in the next 6-8 weeks, all of this will be behind us and we will have our girl home. Then the fun really begins.

I'm sure you were able to see Emma's hands and see that she has only her little fingers. It may be hard to see in the photo that I posted, be we have another one that shows it well. We don't know what is ahead for this little girl, but we feel prepared and I know that comes from God. Are we scared? Certainly. Does God understand that? I think so. We just have to wait and see what is ahead for us. I hope that the doctors can perform some type of miracle on her, but that remains to be seen. I keep practicing things using only my little fingers and realize just how hard that is. I keep saying to myself "if she only had thumbs, it would be easier", and no doubt it would be. However, she may never have that option and we will just have to deal with that. Her feet also may pose some problems, but that also remains to be seen. God has gotten us this far and he won't turn his back on us now. This little girl will do amazing things and I just know it. I think my eyes are about to be opened to things that I never before thought of and when I see those things, I will be proudly seeing them through my daughter. Thank you God for this little girl thousands of mile away that is about to change our lives and I believe make them more complete. It is a blessing.

Oh, and for some good humor, check out Melissa's blog - www.lifeasalewis.blogspot.com/ and watch the two sides of Rory. All parents have experienced it, but Melissa and Brian have put it to music and it's hilarious!

No comments: