Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday - How Can Vacation Week Pass So Quickly

First of all, say a prayer right now for Bo and Brady. They are deep sea fishing today and I so hope that neither of them gets sick. Bo is just convinced that Brady will get sick and was reluctant to take him. I'm hoping that Brady can endure and even manage to catch some fish. He was really excited about going. Ashton and I are spending our last day hanging out at the beach. The jellyfish were still out yesterday, but not as bad. The seaweed was much better yesterday, but it looks like it might be back today. They boys stayed out longer yesterday and as stated on my previous post about "not caring if there were sharks on the shore", well Ashton and I saw one while we were on our floats. We eased back closer to the shore and kept a close watch after that. I guess he was more scared of us that we of him (I doubt it), and we didn't see him anymore.

I had an e-mail from Leah Wednesday evening stating that she had received our paperwork on Wednesday and it was sent to China that day. Now we wait on the travel approval. I have no idea when that will arrive, but I know that I have so much to do when I get home. I'm trying not to allow it to stress me out so much, but MAN! Between the paperwork and business of getting ready to travel, the home repairs and getting little bit a room done, work, keeping the boys various appointments and things going, and basically trying to keep my sanity, I'm feeling the stress of it starting to stir in me. I also have to study for my PALS class for work, which of course would have to be at the end of July. I'm having a hard time focusing on the simple things, much less Pediatric Advanced Life Support! To top it all off, school starts on August 8 and we have to get back in that routine. My new mantra - I Can Do This.

A funny story about the boys and Ryan. We went to dinner Wednesday night and our waitress was a trainee. The boys made a few jokes about that while we waited. Ryan and Ashton ordered fried shrimp and when she brought the food out, it was grilled shrimp and she immediately told them that she had made a mistake, but that their fried shrimp were coming out soon and that they could have the grilled shrimp too. A look of pure joy went on their faces. 2 meals for 1! They loved the trainee! What can make 2 boys happier than extra food! They talked about it nonstop until we delivered Ryan back to his parents. They were too cute.

Well, I guess I need to get off and go enjoy my last day at the beach. Who knows when we will return and the next time we do, I will have a little in tow and I suspect my relaxing will be limited.

No comments: