Tuesday, July 22, 2008

There's A Moose on the Loose in our Basement

I'm pretty sure there is a huge beast in the basement making a lot of noise and begging to get out. Between the sawing and hammering, that's what it sounds like. I foresee no sleep during the day around here this week, which is not good since I have to work the next 2 nights, but at least the remodeling project is underway and I am thankful for that. My father-in-law and another man are doing the work. Bo and I have been moving things out and just repositioning stuff so they can get around down there. What a mess!

Brady is back at band camp again today. He's moving very slowly and doesn't seem to be overly impressed with it, but that's to be expected. He only attends for 4 hours each day this week, but next week he's there from 8-5:30! Very long, hot days.

I received an e-mail from Ann from Red Thread China this morning with a picture of the care package that she is sending to Emma. I was very impressed. She also called the orphanage and got some updated information on her measurements. I am not sure how accurate they are, but she was 8.8kg (approx. 17 pounds), and is 77 cm tall (slightly over 30"). If those measurements are correct, she has grown 10 cm since December, but has lost about a pound. If she is walking, that might be right. It's just hard to know for sure how big she is.

My in laws church is planning a baby shower for us on August 10. That's exciting! I don't know for sure what size to tell people, but I'm going with 18 months right now. I am planning on registering at Target this week. I don't need very many "big" items since she is a toddler. I can't believe I'm doing this all over again (at my age:)

Ashton is still sleeping this morning, or perhaps I should check his breathing, because with all the noise in this house I can't believe he's still asleep!

No comments: