Friday, July 4, 2008

Friday

Well, we survived the first part of the family reunion. I came home after midnight and the guys stayed all night. They came home in the wild thunderstorm that we had this morning and headed straight to bed. I hear snoring from all directions. Unfortunately, they have to get up in just a little while to go back over to the reunion. This is the 50th year that our family has been doing this and I think that's pretty impressive. We had a good turnout last night and I'm sure we will today. Everyone was asking about Emma and I was able to show off her picture to my family. Of course they think she is adorable and she is. So next year, hopefully she will be able to celebrate her first independence day with her extended family. Red, white, and blue dress all the way!

I have still got to get packed for vacation. I have managed to make a list and that's about it. I am hoping for a good night at work tonight! Maybe no excessive celebration that leads to an ER visit, but you never know!

I can't believe it's already July 4. The summer has flown by and the kids will be back in school in a month. We have not had any downtime, and I am so looking forward to the beach. I hope the weather is perfect. The boys are ready for some beach time as well. It's hard to think this is our last vacation with just the 4 of us. Next vacation will involve little girl things and I will no longer get to just sit and read my book and watch the waves. Oh boy, my life is about to take on some major changes.

Happy 4th!

No comments: