Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sharing our Story

I really enjoy sharing about adoption and God gave me a perfect opportunity today while I was at the dentist office with the boys. A lady overheard me talking about going to China and she started asking me questions. Of course, I have no problem talking about it and enjoyed sharing with her. I even gave her our blog address and hope that she follows along with us on our trip. She had done some researching into adoption before and I think the seed was there and it may really need some water. I hope that I was able to give her a little insight by sharing our story.

I called to make an apt. with our pediatrician for when Emma gets home. I am totally not thinking like a mother of a little one, but fortunately, the apt. secretary was. Conversation over the phone "I need to make an apt. for our newly adopted toddler upon our return." She asks how old and gives me a date to which I agree to. She asks "Would you like a morning or afternoon appointment?" I reply "Something in the middle of the day would be fine." Pause. She says "Well, usually little ones take their naps in the middle of the day, so are you sure that is the best time?" Mother of preteen and teen replies, "Oh, yeah, little ones take naps during the day (or at least I hope so), so maybe early would be good." She laughs and we make a morning appointment. I am so out of practice for little ones. Are you scared for Emma? I am a little bit. I guess we are in this thing together!

2 comments:

Maria said...

FUNNY story!!! I'm sure you and I are both about to enter foreign territory. I went to the zoo today with a lady just back from Krgyz with her little one. I was amazed when she said, "I never get to go to the bathroom anymore." I REMEMBER THAT!!! Oh, girl, here we go ....

Melissa said...

It will all come back to you quickly!