Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thursday

I should not be on this computer right now! I should be cleaning, packing for vacation, baking for the family reunion, working on the family scrapbook I use only for the July 4th holiday (I'm a year behind), etc. However, I have not managed to do any of those things yet. I'm getting to it! All of my boys are off playing 9 holes of golf with Bo's life long friend Anthony. It's quiet in my house for the first time in a long time and I should be using my time wisely!

I had a late night last night. Melissa and I went out after church and made a quick Target run and went to see Get Smart. It was pretty cute and I enjoyed the company. She has been holed up in the house with a sick one and deserved to get away for a little while! I know she will do the same thing for me when Emma is having a spell!

While I was at Target I bought Emma a toy. All little ones have those plastic rings that stack (Rock a Stack), but now the top ring is a rattle. I thought that was cute and we can take it to China with us. I keep trying to think about things that will be simpler for her to do with her limited grasp. Although I'm pretty sure she will manage to overcome most everything!

I was very excited yesterday to read on our AWAA waiting child board that a family that received their PA on June 27 actually received their RA yesterday. A 6 day turn around! I don't know if that will happen for us, but I can certainly hope. They may travel before the Olympics start. I wish we could do that! So please keep praying that we will get our RA soon. Also, please pray for a good friend Leslie who is waiting to bring her precious little girl home. They have been waiting over 50 days for their RA and their little girl really needs to get home and have medical treatment. Please pray for strength for that family and their little one.

It's amazing how the wait worsens once you have a face to look at and know that their is a little person on the other side of the world who is yours. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since we got the call and in that 3 weeks we have come to love this little girl so much and just want her home with her forever family. There's an emptiness in our home and hearts. We just want to bring our daughter home. I have 3 kids and one of them is missing, but, hopefully not for long!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Girl, you have nailed it. It is SO much harder on THIS side of the wait than on the other. I wish I had known. We will know next week if Ellie goes to court next week. If so, we'll get to pick her up middle August. If not, we have NO CLUE when it might be. I want to go NOW. Well, technically, not NOW, but you know!! Glad you got out for some "girl time".