Monday, July 14, 2008

A Death in the Family - Probably 2

Well, my missing dog is still missing and my sick dog was called home last night. She was so pitiful and I'm so glad I didn't have to take her to the vet to be put to sleep. We came home from church last night and she had died. We buried her out in the field next to our garden spot. She was really a good dog and lived a very long life. I still don't know about the other missing dog, but I'm assuming he isn't coming home. It's been at least 4 days since he has been seen, so that doesn't look promising. At this rate, 2 weeks in China might take out all of our dogs! I hope not.

I am home working on paperwork today and trying to get a care package together for little bit. We are trying to get a letter sent to the orphanage so that we can find out more about her growth, health and history. I hope to hear something back from Red Thread China today. I have read several comments on groups about her and how reasonable and fast she was. I hope we can get a package to her this week.

Nothing much to add this morning! Just very busy. Bo headed back to work today and I know he was really looking forward to that:) I go back Thursday night and work Friday and Saturday. I too am looking so forward to that.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I know this is freaky, but I cannot tell you how many blogs I've read where dogs either died or became very sick and had to be put to sleep before a baby came home. I'm freaking out here, because our "old girl" isn't doing well either. I SO hope you find the other one. I'm sorry about your loss!!