Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Waiting on Federal Express

Today will be spent waiting on Federal Express to deliver our paperwork, then we have to read over everything, sign it, pay the last big fee to the agency, find somewhere we can print out the information and make copies, etc. Then we have to get it all back to AWAA by tomorrow. Just another day in the adoption journey. Nothing can be simple or easy:) I didn't bring our passports with us to Florida (why would I) and they need copies of those. Our FC said that we could send that as soon as we return. Of course, we don't have Ashton's yet! Our other big issue will be getting our fingerprints redone ASAP. They expire on July 25 and we have to have those expedited. I have to say, I have probably gotten a lot more grey hairs since we started this process, but when I look at her little face I know it's worth it. As long as there is hair color available, it will be okay.

We celebrated at P.F. Changs last night. The boys were okay with the food, we really liked it. Of course, they were humiliated that I asked our server to take our picture so we could keep it for her scrapbook. Another stupid thing - my camera battery is almost out and I didn't bring the recharger! Who knew? I also saw 2 really cute little girls who were obviously Chinese and the mom was not. I went over and spoke with her and she was so sweet. She told me that both of the girls had been cleft lip and palate. There was no sign of it at all. They were very busy and adorable and she was so pleasant and encouraging. Yes, I never meet a stranger.

Well, I guess I should put on some clothes besides my p.j.s otherwise the Fed Ex guy might not want to come by at all. I will post more today when we find out more about our little girl. The information we receive today will hopefully have updated medical information, her size, and more about her history. Please pray for our family that we can get all the paperwork taken care of today and not feel too stressed. Above all, pray for our daughter as she waits on her forever family to come bring her home.

No comments: