Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Emma was actually tolerating Ashton for a moment. I thought she looked so sweet just looking at him.

Playing drums on mom's bowls.

Helping mom with her coupons.

More drumming with Brady and Alex.

Playing with Nanny. Yes, those are address stickers that they are wearing.

We had a good weekend. I worked Friday and Saturday night so that is a little hard on the boys and Bo. I have to work again tonight and will be glad to get that behind me.
Emma has been cracking us up with her new desire to always have on shoes and a hair bow. She has a ribbon that hangs on her door with all of her hair bows on it and she points to the one she wants. She is very adamant about which one she wants and I am having a hard time explaining that some of them just won't work in her hair yet. She is also determined which shoes she will wear and has been preferring her boots. I am seeing a whole new girly side to her. She is also tolerating the dogs being at the door while she looks out. We think that perhaps when she hit her head it triggered something in her:)
I am on to a new way of saving money. I am a major coupon clipper and love to get good deals. Who doesn't? I have been reading several blogs and began checking out the Walgreen's and CVS deals. You can really save some money if you have the time to check them out and use the coupons available. CVS has extra bucks that they offer when you use your Extra Care Card. If you check out the fliers and use your coupons you will end up getting things for free. You have to spend some money in the beginning, but if it's something that you need or can use it's great to get things so cheap or better yet, FREE. So yesterday, I bought 4 bottles of Dove shampoo that was on sale for $4.00 a bottle. If you spent $15 you got $5.00 in Extra Care Bucks, plus I had $4 in coupons, so I got the 4 bottles of shampoo for $7. They were also offering deal on Irish Spring body wash for $4.99 with $4.99 in ECB making it free. To make a long story short, I bought 4 bottles of Dove shampoo and conditioner, 2 boxes of Band aids, and a bottle of Body Wash and spent $8.70. Not too bad.
Walgreens also offers some good deals if you watch closely and also check out their monthly rebates and coupons that they offer. I bought 2 bottles of Listerine and a package of Reach dental floss which was on sale for 3 for $9. I had a $3 coupon off and then received $6 off in register rewards making them free. I also bought toothpaste for .24 cents, a Revlon nail clipper for .29 cents, a bottle of shampoo for .99 cents and a box of 40 Claritin for $9.99. I spent $45.74 and had $17.25 in coupons and $11.00 in register rewards making my entire purchase cost $21.95. I ended up spending a little more at Walgreen's, but I also bought a few other items.
If you really want to learn the art of this method of shopping, check out this blog and link to some of her posts that explain the CVS and Walgreen's shopping methods. There are several great coupon websites also that show you the best deals for the week and offer great coupons to print. I am really enjoying reading these blogs and seeing how much people can save.
Okay, so enough of my boring money saving information.
The boys headed back to school today and were ready to go back. We didn't exactly have a very exciting Spring Break aside from Emma's little escapade so I think they would rather be in school.
Have a great week.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, Mayme!
I don't know if you remember me or not, but I went to Oaklawn when I was at FWBBC. I was there when your boys were little and so enjoyed my time at Oaklawn. Some of my best college memories are spending Sunday afternoons at the Thompson's. I've been reading your blog ever since I found it on Melissa's. I loved reading about your adoption experience and think Emma is just precious. My husband and I would love to adopt but the Lord hasn't opened that door for us...even though we have done plenty of pounding on it. :) Anyway, I was so surprised to see that you had posted a link to my blog today. Thanks so much! I'm glad you have started shopping at CVS and Wags. They are a gold mine for saving money. It sounds like you got some great deals yesterday. I just love the pic of Emma helping you with your coupons. :)
Thanks again!
Amy

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

Found your blog via roomforonemore. Love your blog!!! We are getting a Walgreens here in Alaska!!! I am super excited. :) We just got a Target last October.
Kathy