Friday, March 20, 2009

Giving Me Some Attitude

As if having teenagers wasn't bad enough, I am now getting some attitude from my 2 year old. I am getting a glimpse of what people have meant by saying that girls are harder than boys. This girl has decided that she knows exactly how she wants things done and is insistent that it happen that way. Jump back little bit, you are not in charge!

  • I will wear the hot pink crocs and not my tennis shoes. WITH EVERYTHING (think pajamas)
  • I will wear the hair bow that I choose and not the one that matches.
  • I will put my feet on the table while I eat, with the hot pink crocs on.
  • I will stick my hand down the back of my diaper and keep it there while I eat and watch TV
  • I will wear my jacket all day in the house in the hopes that someone will take me outside.
  • I won't drink from your stupid cup.
  • I will turn my head and squint my eyes and pretend that I can't hear you when you attempt to reason with me.

These are just a few of the examples. There are more and I suspect there will be many, many more. This girl is head strong and determined.

So the battle rages on. Who is stronger? Yes, she has youth on her side. She know that I am old, but I am also determined.

So God doesn't put more on you than you are strong enough to take? I'm glad he thinks I'm strong. Between toddlers and teens, I ain't so sure.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: