Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday

My girl isn't feeling well and that translates into my girl requires constant holding and attention. She was pretty sad yesterday as she sat outside my shower while I attempted to shower as quickly as possible while listening to her cry and stick her head under the curtain. Today has not been a lot better and I decided the best time to attempt a shower would be during her nap. She has a nasty cough and started with a runny nose today. Her appetite continues to be good and once again she is completely refusing a cup. We have a follow up apt. with Dr. H on Thursday to recheck her ears and I'm guessing they won't be clear. I am ready for him to just say "tubes" and let's get the show on the road. I know her hearing isn't as good as it should be and who knows how many untreated ear infections she has had in her short lifetime.

Teenagers. Need I say more. While Brady sat at the counter yesterday morning and slowly ate his breakfast (He has one speed - tortoise), I was making some general conversation and he suddenly remembered that he has a band concert tonight. Oh, yeah, I think I might need some black pants and a black shirt. Nothing like short notice. Well of course since I have nothing else to do we had to add that little shopping trip on to our agenda yesterday afternoon. Fortunately Ashton had an Orthodontic apt. and we made a quick trip to the mall and luckily were able to find what he needed. I hope they fit him because I never actually saw him in them. He told me they fit so it's any body's guess if they really do or not. Luckily my mother watched Emma so she didn't have to endure this trip.

Ashton had a band competition today and I am hoping that they did well. I didn't get to attend and I am sure that really broke his heart. What, mom can't ride on the bus with me? Oh my life is over.

Well, I must take full advantage of little miss napping and take a much needed shower and hopefully get something accomplished around here. Our 6 month post placement visit is next week and I am not doing real well in finishing the paperwork and getting our home in some semblance of order.

2 comments:

Maria said...

We are fighting a cold as well - per our trip to Dr. H. today. Tough it out was our advice. I've never seen such a clingy baby. Poor thing. Kevin and she are taking a nap as I type.

Melissa said...

Sorry she's sick! At least you've already got a doctor's appointment planned.