Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh What A Night (and it Ain't Late December 63)

It's a good thing that I have been blessed with an excess in my rear end department because from 1:11 a.m. to 5:05 a.m. I sat on it with a little girl who has so much nasal congestion that she can't breath and held her upright. My bottom actually felt numb when I finally got out of bed this morning. Poor little baby girl, she is so miserable and I have done all the things that I know to do for her. We propped up her crib, I have suctioned her until it's like fighting a tiger and let me tell you this little tiger is strong! So I just held her all night and listened to her and Bo try to out snore one another. Bo was a great help when I needed him to get something, but I tried not to bother him since he has to get up for work so early.

I finally managed to transfer her back to her bed this morning and made it downstairs to pour out the last little scoop of coffee that we have in the house and make the coffee and grab a shower before Bo leaves. I am a walking zombie. The one pick me up that I look forward to every morning is BIG MAMA. She cracks me up and I just love reading her stories. So, if you have been up all night with a snotty baby or if your butt is numb, perhaps you will enjoy reading her blog.

Have a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby AND MOM!!! Sorry Emma is sick. I remember those days . It's awful when you just can't make them feel better. I will pray she gets well soon and you both can get some rest.

Melissa said...

Oh, I am so sorry!! That sounds awful for both of you. Hopefully Dr. H will have some medicine for you!