Thursday, March 12, 2009

Very Thankful Thursday

Well, Little Miss had a good night and has been a bit clingy this morning and actually fell again but was able to brace herself with her arms. It really scared her and she has been attached to my leg most of the day. She is currently enjoying a much needed nap.

I have spoken with the social worker and we have rescheduled for the 25th. We are making a trip to Walmart for a helmet, duct tape, and bubble wrap with hopes of keeping her injury free until she is at least 3 years old:)

The boys ended up having their friends over as previously arranged and when I checked on them at 2:30 a.m., they were still going strong. They are still sleeping.

Poor Bo was late for work. The alarm went off at 5 a.m. as usual and I am pretty sure that I told him it was time to get up, but then I fell back to sleep and when I woke up it was 6:30 and he was still snoozing. It has been a crazy 24 hours.

I just want to give kudos to the paramedics in our county that took us to the hospital. The one that was in the back was especially calm and helped me feel more calm. He was very good with Emma and I appreciated him so much. I don't think anyone really appreciates these guys until you need them. As a nurse I deal with them on a regular basis and on occasion we but heads, but when I was on the other side of the situation they were great.

Poor Emma keeps going to the door and saying "bye, bye" and wants to go outside so badly. Of course it was 75-80 degrees 2 days ago and now it's sleeting and cold. She doesn't understand why I won't take her outside.

Well, I am hoping for a much less eventful afternoon and I hope the same for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to check in and see how Emma was today. So thankful God allowed everything to be O.k. Just makes me want to sign up for a CPR class though with the niece and nephew out here on the farm a lot of things could happen really just everybody. Praying everything with the social worker turns out o.k.