Wednesday, March 4, 2009

This Porch Ain't Big Enough for the 2 of Us



All Ernesto the rooster wants to do is be left alone. He just wants to stay on the porch and nap quietly. Suddenly it turns into a standoff between him and Gypsy the basset hound and she turns on him. He did remain the champion of the porch standoff but I think it was because I was watching and Gypsy didn't want to be shipped off the farm for killing the last of chicken we have.
Guess What All I Have Done Today? What you ask? I have Moved like an Emu, Danced the Ooby Doo, Attended Marie's Wedding, Had Fun on the Farm, Visited Caveland and did the La Cucaracha. For those of you unfamiliar with these events, it involves 4 men named Greg, Murray, Jeff, and Anthony and several of their friends. Yes, The Wiggles are in the HOUSE. They have become Emma's favorite new show and we only have one VHS tape of them and we watch it numerous times a day. Needless to say, I have been checking out eBay for a good deal on some Wiggles DVDs.
Emma is still so miserable. I am sure she has sneezed 75 times today and her cough is about the same. She had a horrible choking episode this morning that scared her and she just cried so pitifully. She does pretty well with the whole nose wiping thing. That is a good thing considering how many times we have done that today. She also had a horrible coughing spell after she laid down for her nap and upon my rescue she proceeded to throw up all over me and her. How good that I had just gotten OUT of the shower. I am so glad that we have a doctor's apt. tomorrow but I suspect he will say that it's viral and not a lot that he can do for it. Nothing like the good old days when you got a shot every time you went to the doctor. I'm pretty sure that is why I have the needle phobia that I have. I can vividly recall those moments of torture! Who knew I turn out to inflict the same torture on others.
Well, the boys will be home soon and I have a million things to do. I have absolutely got to make a grocery run. I know that little miss isn't up to it and I hate to think of going at night, but considering that I have enough coffee for one more pot and no facial cleanser, times are getting hard at our house. Not to mention the fact there is only 1 roll of toilet paper in the house! Oh my.

No comments: