Thursday, May 1, 2008

"A New Sport"

It's always interesting to listen to my boys talking after picking them up from school. You can really learn a lot about what's going on and the general middle school news. On the way home today, Brady said "I learned about a new sport today." Of course I asked what that was and he said "cock wrestling". Being from the South, chicken fighting is something that you know goes on, but obviously we have never talked about it before, so hearing Brady phrase it that way was pretty humorous. I explained to him that it wasn't exactly a sport, that it was illegal, and that a lot of bad things go on at those "events". I think he saw it more clearly after my explanation. Of course, during that conversation I also used the word prostitution and then had to explain what that meant. Stupid me:) I just dug my hole a little deeper. The joys of parenting, public school, and good ole Southern sporting events.

Not a lot of news to write about. The adoption rumors are flying around that referrals may come next week. It is also looking like there will only be 3 days worth, AGAIN. If that is the case, our agency will receive no referrals. Right now that is only speculation, but most of the time the rumors are right.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Ok, so I pop over to catch up on your blog and I'm already "atwitter" about sending my child to middle school and I read that he learned about "chicken wrestling" (doesn't that sound so much nicer than what it really is??). ARGHHH... I don't want to explain that!! Help me now! :-)