Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday

The birthday party has come and gone - thank goodness. I think there were 15 boys here and the last one left at 10:15! They all seemed to have fun and some even braved the pool. Ashton's present finally came today, Nintendo Wii, so he's very happy about that. Now I get to listen to Brady and Ashton argue over the games. I think Bo likes the golf game more than the boys do. Great, now they will all be arguing over the controls.

Bo and I skipped golf today, but are hoping to play on Wednesday. We did some errands today and he broke down and bought me a mother's day present - late. We got a swing/glider for the pool. I think I will really enjoy that if I get to use it.

2 more official days of school. Ashton has awards tomorrow and he will be getting at least one. His teacher called and left me a message that it was a surprise, so I'm sure he will be thrilled. I made a huge e-mail mistake and told my mother-in-law that the awards program was today. Well, after she arrived and no one else did, she figured out that I goofed. I really hated that I messed up, but she has forgiven me (I hope).

Happy Birthday to my mom today! She is young, and that's all I will say. Although she did mention something about a certain type of check coming next year....

Will I survive my teenage son? 14 is not a fun age and I sometimes wonder if I am going to make it. Brady and I are oil and water at times! He just seems to KNOW everything and that drives me crazy. He doesn't think he needs any tutoring from Sylvan, but his math proves different. I have listened to him complain all afternoon about how it's a waste of time. Well, sorry. As long as I'm the parent and can pay for the class, he has to go until he has mastered the skills. It could be a long summer!!!

Ashton had golf tryouts this afternoon and he thinks he did well. I hope he makes the team. I'm not sure he could stand anymore rejection:)

Well, I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day for me. I have been on edge all day and I just can't seem to shake it. I am going to call it day really soon and hope for the best. In the words of Miss Scarlett, tomorrow is another day. (Let's hope it's less stressful).

2 comments:

Wife of the Pres. said...

Hi, After some nudging from Stefanie Bishop, I am posting to your site as I don't have an email address. I would really like to ask you about something you posted on your blog. I know this is crazy but it is important to me. (I think you'll understand once we talk.) Anyway, if you are not too weirded out, would you consider emailing me (lesirwin@comcast.net)? Also, I am with AWAA; that is how I found you in the first place, from the waiting families list. I love reading your blog. My website is at youbelong.net/theirwins

Blessings, Leslie

Wife of the Pres. said...

P.S. We also live fairly close to you, not that it matters! Anyway, I hope to talk to you soon! We have awards day tomorrow too. School is C-R-A-Z-Y. Then it is on to swim team and church camp!!! AAAAHHHHH!