Tuesday, May 6, 2008

18 Holes of Golf, No Known Injuries

I did it! I played 18 holes of golf with a group of very nice ladies and I actually didn't do as bad as I thought I would. Of course, my goal was to be able to hit the ball instead of swinging and missing. I think I may have done that only once! I actually made par on 1 hole and bogey on another hole. The other holes, I don't care to mention. Triple bogey seemed to be the theme for the day. Everyone puts in $3.50 to have prize money at the end of the day, and I won $4 for getting the closet to the hole after teeing off. I was pretty excited! It landed on the green and looked perfect. I now understand the reasons people play golf. You may stink it up big time on 17 holes, and then you hit one super shot and your are right back for more! I think I'm hooked on the game.

Today's agenda looks like I will be making up for lost time at home doing laundry and cleaning and trying to catch a nap so I can work tonight. Ashton has his tryouts and he is so nervous. I hope he doesn't let nerves mess him up.

Well, again, no earth shattering news at my house. I'm noticing a trend here! I guess there's something to be said for routine.

No comments: