Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday

At last the weekend is almost here. Of course that always means I have to work tonight, but overall it's not too bad. Just 1 1/2 more weeks of school too! Ashton had a field trip today and was excited about that. Well, excited might be stretching it a bit. At least it meant he was out of class. He's still a little on the down side right now. I let him sleep in my room last night and the last words I heard from him were "Life stinks". I agreed with him that sometimes it does and we just have to deal with it. He also told me that he knew God always has a plan about things, but he sure wished God's plans would have been different this time. I know what he means. After 2 years of waiting on an adoption, I completely understand.

The band concert was so good. Ashton plays percussion and did a great job and Brady, the lone bassoon player, also did a great job. I was very proud of them. I found out that marching band will cost $300 or we have the opportunity to work in the concession stand and make $5 an hour. Looks like I will be working an extra shift to pay for marching band. I've said it before and I will say it again for many years to come, kids are so expensive!

Weekend plans include the boys going to see a movie, yard work tomorrow, dinner with the family at one of our favorite places, Kobe's, to celebrate birthdays and mother's day, church on Sunday and lunch with my mom. A busy weekend, but I am looking forward to it. I have told Bo that I don't want any presents since we just had to buy a washing machine. We'll see if he abides by that.

I have gotten all of the sleep I am going to get today. Bo and my father-in-law are working to put a fence around our pool. That's something we have to have done before Emma gets here. We don't have any close neighbors so the only thing I have ever worried about are the deer getting in the pool. But since we will be having a little one, we have to have a fence. So that's the next big project. Then we have to start working on the basement. There is always something to do, just ask Bo!

I hope everyone reading this blog has a great weekend and a wonderful mother's day. If you are waiting on your baby to come home, let's just hope that by next year they are here and we get to enjoy mother's day with them.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, you should NEVER say no presents - they usually listen when you say that! LOL