Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thursday's Thoughts

Today has been a good day. Dede and I took all of our boys to see the new Indiana Jones movie. The boys loved it, but I thought it was a little lame. Ashton was thrilled just to have refills on popcorn and coke. He never gets to drink soda because it makes him crazy. He managed to get 3 refills today, so he was a happy but wired child.

I attended the band meeting with Brady. I have to say I'm such an old school parent. It infuriates me to see teenagers talking while people are speaking. The band instructor was trying to talk to the group and there were 2 girls in front of me that just kept laughing and generally being disrespectful. I was just about to blow when another parent asked them to be quiet or step out. He was actually nicer than I would have been and I'm sure that I would have embarrassed Brady, but I don't care. I can't stand loud, obnoxious children or adults. Enough said.

Melissa came over and we had a late walk. We walked until it was dark and it was very nice and cool. I really enjoyed it and felt like I needed to spend some time exercising as well as venting about various subjects. She was a great sounding board and I hope that I was equally helpful to her.

My heart has been broken for the Chapman family today. I had such a great opportunity to talk with Mary Beth Chapman before we decided to adopt and she was so encouraging to me. That family has done so much for adoption funding and raising awareness. We were blessed with a grant from Shaohannah's Hope that will come in handy helping to cover adoption expenses. It is a wonderful organization and if you want to donate to a worthwhile cause, it is certainly one. The cost of adoption stops so many people from considering it. Although we don't have Emma yet, I am so glad that money concerns didn't stop us from beginning this journey. We are still trying to save money and there are many times that I worry about the cost, but I'm glad I didn't allow doubts to rob me of this blessing and I know when Emma is placed in our arms I will never even consider how much it cost. If God places it in your heart to consider adoption, pray about it and don't dwell on the money aspect of it. God will provide if it is His will for you to build your family through adoption.

No comments: