Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Boys are so Weird

Ashton could never be a poker player. All you have to do is look at him to know when something is wrong. I knew when I picked him up today, even before he got in the car, that something was wrong. He immediately starts crying (another something that he never does) and hands me a piece of paper that informs me he has to be in ISS tomorrow for "threat of violence", at least that is what is marked on the paper. I asked him what happened and he didn't want to discuss it in front of his brother. He never said a word on the way home and immediately went to his room. I went to check on him and get the scoop and he told me that he was in trouble for throwing a rock and hitting another boy. He said it was not intentional, but he knew he shouldn't have been throwing rocks. His teacher (which he is not a huge fan of) asked the class who threw the rock and no one confessed. Finally, with the threat of no lunch, Ashton confessed, although he was not the lone rock thrower, but the other boys wouldn't confess. His teacher told him she was glad he was honest and then he found out at the end of the day he would have to go to ISS tomorrow. He has never been in ISS and he is really worried about it. I told him that I wasn't angry with him, although throwing rocks is dangerous and he obviously knows better. I told him I was proud that he confessed and that he did the right thing by being honest about it. So tomorrow, he gets to spend his day in solitude. Oh well, you do the crime, you do the time. I explained to him that I too wasn't always the best child, but the difference was when we were in trouble the teacher sent us to the hall and paddled us. Oh, for the good ole days!

Okay, so I've spent 30 minutes with him trying to get the full story and make him understand that he's not a criminal. I come downstairs, go into the bathroom and find a chicken strip in the toilet bowl. Why would you put a chicken strip in the toilet bowl? Well, Brady was the culprit and he had no good explanation. I think it was some lame attempt to make me think that he actually passed that somehow. I explained to him that if he was passing chicken strips whole, we needed to report to the doctor immediately. I then made him remove it from the toilet, and he, being a germ freak, was not impressed with that. So again I say, boys are so weird! Will Emma ever be able to compete with such antics?

No comments: