Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mistakes

OK, if you have to choose who you want to make mad, I think choosing moms is one of the big no-no's. Well, Teleflora has stepped in it big time with America's Favorite Mom. What were they thinking when they listed adoptive moms as "non-moms". PLEASE! I realize that I don't have my daughter yet, but she is a part of our family in every sense of the word. We talk about her, we include her in our thoughts and plans, and above all, we love her just like we do the boys. Does that make me a "non mom" too? Well, I wear that badge with pride! I will be the non-mom that holds her at night when she cries, rocks her to sleep, cleans up after her when she has the stomach bug, wipes away those tears that will come, prays for her, supports her, and generally does all of the things that I do or have done for my boys. She will be ours, although not by genetics, but by a divine plan that God has designed to complete our family. Adoptive moms are no different than biological moms and how dare someone be so insensitive! From the looks of their "retraction", I think Teleflora figured it out!

Now, one of my big mistakes has been not teaching my children to do more around the house. It's my fault because I would just rather do it right and get it over with. When I was attempting to teach Brady to wash dishes and load the dishwasher earlier, I realized that I have failed in this area. Well, lucky for the boys, I plan on working on that. It's time for them to do more around here and I have to take a step back and let them do it. I don't want to look back someday and realize that my poor daughter-in-laws are the unlucky recipients of 2 men who can't wash a dish! They would never forgive me!

Work was a bear last night. I was so glad to come home this morning. Dede and I were both exhausted and even with all of the sawing and hammering going on outside of my room today, I slept good. The fence will require another Saturday to complete, so I get to look forward to another morning of noise. It is looking good and I will be glad to see it finished. Then all of the landscaping begins. I am not a flower/plant type person, so I'm not really looking forward to that.

No comments: