Monday, May 12, 2008

Earthquake in China

I, like so many others, have been saddened to see the news coming out of China. It just seems unbelievable to think so many are dead and injured from this terrible disaster. I have thought all day about the people there and about the adoptive families that are over there now. Rumor Queen has done a great job today keeping people up to date with any news that became available and I had an e-mail from Half the Sky that gave updated information on three orphanages in the area that are all okay. All of the children had been evacuated and the buildings were stable. I know people who have recently received referrals from those areas are so thankful. I hope that there are no additional delays because of the earthquake, but I am afraid there will be. Let's all keep the wonderful people of China in our prayers and pray there will be fewer deaths than what has been reported. And remember all of the little ones who will have lost parents in this disaster. I think it's times like these that help us to see what an incredibly small world we live in and that it's still controlled by an awesome God.

No comments: