Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Very Sad Boy

Well, as parents we are always facing challenges. My challenge last night was trying to put some type of a positive spin on Ashton not making the basketball team. I had a hard time doing it. He was broken hearted and so was I. I know everyone thinks their child is the greatest and I am no exception, but Ashton is a really good basketball player and I couldn't believe he didn't make the team. He is also very stoic and doesn't do crying well. I knew the minute he walked in the house he hadn't made it just by the look on his face. I tried to be encouraging and I do believe that things happen for a reason, but when you are 12 and you have your heart set on something and you have practiced and given it your all, you don't want to hear anything positive from your parents. But I believe that loss builds character and I know he will come out okay. I just can't stand to see him so sad. I also have my own personal opinions of the situation which I will not share because that would not be the right thing to do. (Think mad momma bear type thoughts.)

Well, the highlight of my day will be having a diagnostic mammogram. Could it be more exciting? I had an abnormal one in the past and this is the 6 month follow up on that. I'm sure it will be fine and I am not worried.

The weather isn't looking too promising for an outside band concert tonight. I guess it will be moved inside and I know the boys will be glad to get it over with. There is this whole end of school year attitude going on. It happens every year. You can tell everyone is just ready for summer and that includes me.

No comments: