Wednesday, May 21, 2008

School's Out for Summer - Let the Fun Begin

Okay, so I am only slightly sarcastic about the title of this post. The boys were actually supposed to go to school today, but it would have been a waste. They are not doing anything productive and Brady didn't think he would be receiving an award, so we are staying home. "Let the fun begin", fun being the boys arguing over just about everything! I have instructed them that I am not going to tolerate fussing all summer. I hope my scary voice and look convinced them that I am serious. We'll see.

Ashton received the AR award for his class room and an attendance award. He was pretty happy with that and couldn't wait to be checked out of school early. He came home and played with his Wii all afternoon. We may try to play 9 holes of golf today, but I'm not sure. Right now I'm just enjoying the peace and tranquility of being at the computer, coffee in hand, and no one around. I really enjoy morning for the most part.

We have a busy summer ahead of us. Ball camps, church camp, band camp, and my favorite, vacation! It will all come and go before I realize it. I am hoping the boys can take some golf lessons this summer, but from the looks of our already busy schedule, I am going to have to work it in.

I remember loving summer break so much. We never really went on vacations since my dad was a farmer and basically didn't want to go anywhere, but it was always nice to be home. Those are some really good memories and I hope my children can look back and say the same thing when they are older.

I had really hoped that this would be the summer that we went to China. It would have been perfect with the boys out of school, but I guess my timing is slightly off. However, God's timing is right on track. The minute I logged on the computer this morning I had a e-mail forwarded to me from Dede. It was a devotion from Crosswalk that I receive everyday and I had not read mine yet. The title of the devotion was "God, Can you Please Hurry?" I loved that. The verse used was Ecc. 3:11 and it was just what I needed to start my morning out. Isn't it great how God sends those moments into our lives to lift us up when we are feeling low. His timing is perfect and I keep reminding myself of that. He has our daughter picked out and timing is everything. Our time is coming.

No comments: