Sunday, May 4, 2008

Doing my Part to Help the Economy

Well, just in time for the tax rebate, we had to buy a new washer. Ours died on Thursday night and we finally had one delivered today. You can guess what I've been doing since it arrived. I went all out and got the high efficiency type that can hold 3 baskets of clothes. I hadn't exactly budgeted for that expense, but as they say, it's always something.

We've had a pretty low key weekend. I worked Friday night as usual and then the boys had golf clinic yesterday and we went to a cookout for the young adults at our pastor's house. Yes, I realize we really don't qualify as young adults anymore, but so far no one has told us we can't attend. I pity the person who breaks it to me that I'm no longer a young adult:)

I worked 6 hours today and then came home to wait on my washer while the guys went and played golf. I'm thinking I may have gotten the better deal. Work was pretty easy this morning. I did have a little man who just kept telling me how bad his life was and that he couldn't get to the pharmacy to get his medicines (although he had managed to drive to the hospital), that he had no food and that his wife just wouldn't cook for him. I really felt sorry for him, but I've been a nurse long enough to know the routine as well. I fed him breakfast, watching him eat everything on his tray and then he told me "I don't have any appetite." I would have hated to see him with an appetite. I finally managed to get him discharged, but I wasn't sure if I would ever convince him that he had to leave.

I'm supposed to play an actual game of golf with a women's league tomorrow. Of course, I realize that I stink and it won't take long for them to realize it too. Oh well, I guess that's the only way that I'm ever going to learn. I may decide not to play just because I'm so far behind with house work and laundry and we have such a busy week this week. I'm on the fence about it, but I feel like I should give it a try.

Ashton tries out for middle school basketball this week. I really hope he makes it. Brady and Ashton have a band concert Thursday night that I'm looking forward too. I can't believe that it will be Brady's last middle school concert. Time has gone by so fast!

Well, enough boring "news". If you want to see some adorable babies from the recent referrals, check out Rumor Queen. There was even a set of twins! Bo thinks that would be the greatest thing ever, however, I'm not so sure. If we actually got a referral for twins, then I would be excited, but I'm not as hyped about that idea as he is.

No comments: