Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday


Brady is standing on the right by himself. It was during the band competition that he was in Saturday. He has another competition this weekend, so marching band is certainly keeping him busy.
Today has been a good but busy day. We went to Melissa's house this morning to start a weekly prayer/devotion type time. Today was spent mostly deciding our plan and playing with the kids. Melissa took some pictures of Emma, Rory, and Camden together that should be adorable. Mason (my friend Angel's son) was also there and at 5 months he is the cutest thing! Emma seemed to take it all in and enjoyed herself.
We also had a visit from 2 of her great aunts and a cousin. She enjoyed that as well. My cousin Dana brought her the cutest stuffed lion that sounds like it is snoring when you press it's paw and Emma loved it. She is down now for a late nap, so we are off our schedule but that's how it goes in real life.
Our afternoon consists of picking up the boys and Ryan and taking them to a golf match. Today is the last regular match of the season and then they will have tournaments in a week or so. Tennis is in full swing as well!
My aunts and cousin were in love with Emma. She is very sweet and just laughs and seems so happy. I just look at her and can't believe that she is finally here and that our lives are so much richer for it. Adoption is so powerful. I know that I have said it so many times, but if you even have the slightest desire to adopt, pray about and let God lead you. It has been the greatest thing. Yes, there are hard times and it costs a lot and it can absolutely drain you emotionally, but God can sustain you. It has been worth every cent and every moment of frustration. When Emma wakes up and has that cute little grin on her face and you know that just a few weeks ago she was waking up in an orphanage it just melts your heart. Now she has a family and we have a daughter. It's so amazing and I give God all the glory.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Thanks for the cream today. I NEEDED To read your post today because I'm in the emotional part of the adoption. I'm scared, emotional, worried, excited, all rolled into one. I'm wondering what I was THINKING to think I could bring home a baby. I know it will be fine -- I truly down deep do -- but I'm really scared about it all right now. So, I read your blog religiously, searching for clues that it's all good with you and we'll be fine. Just reading the "normal" parts of your day make me so incredibly happy. Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled about your getting together for Bible study, fellowship, etc. I'm sure that will be an encouragement for all of you!