Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday - Can You Say Only 3 More Days

Amy and Lineker are our guides. They are also married and have been working for America World for about 10 years.

This is part of the group. There were so many, we did it in separate pictures.

Brady and Ashton strolling down the street in Shaiman Island with sister in the stroller. This area is filled with shops that all specialize is selling to the tourists. Bo managed to haggle pretty well.

What a sweet family picture. Oh wait a minute, someone is being difficult:)

Emma and Daddy hanging out in the lobby waiting on the group pictures to be made. She had on her traditional Chinese outfit that Daddy bought her long ago. Well, it was made in Vietnam.

Ashton sitting on the dog in front of Lucy's restaurant. It's a popular western style restaurant, however the pizza did have peas and corn on it. I'm not familiar with that style at Pizza Done Right.

It ain't over until the fat lady sings and gets a kiss from Brady.

Emma was checking out the parakeets in the cage on the street. There were several interesting things on this street. One shop was filled with all kinds of snakes, fish, eels, turtles, frogs, crabs. These were all for consumption. We did not partake.

Today has been a slow day. The families had there pics made this morning with all the adopted children. Emma was not that happy with it. We finally managed to get a picture or 2 without her crying. The rest of the day has been free for us.
I had the massage of a lifetime. It was a bit different than the states. She spoke no English and I no Chinese. She thought I was from France. Go figure? But massage therapist #5 in the Reflexology Pavilion is my new best friend. My right shoulder feels so much better. Holding Emma has been really hard on my shoulder and wrist and I am feeling it. I didn't say anything to the lady about my shoulder, but she evidently felt the knot in it because she worked on it a lot. It was a 2 hour massage and was only $40. Well worth every penny. There was a lot of talking going on outside of the room, and I kept hearing someone spitting a lot (which they do a ton of here), so it was not exactly like home, but she did a fabulous job on me.
We are hanging out at Starbucks right now and taking advantage of the free Internet. The boys can play their game boys and Daddy and Emma are playing while I blog.
I talked to my mom this morning and I think she is equally as homesick for us to come home as we are to get there. I can't wait to get the next few days behind us and come home! I'm not complaining, but man, it will be so nice to be back home. It's a different world here. So many people and everyone talks at the same time and the traffic and the noise. I love living in the country!!
Well, it's my turn to take care of Little Miss. She is standing a lot more now with our help. Her little legs are so small, so we are trying to build up some strength in them. She also let me feed her this morning (a bottle) while I held her. She avoids my eyes a lot, but then she will look deep into them. I have read that is common with adopted babies. She seems to be attaching well as best I can tell. I guess we will see even more when we get home. She puts her arms out to both of us and seems to enjoy being held most of the time. She did have a little fit last night when I was holding her and letting her look out of the window. She suddenly just threw herself backwards and thrashed about and then it was over. She is very strong willed:) I guess that will come in handy.
Again, thanks for all of the comments and prayers. The comments keep us in touch with reality. It makes us feel like we are home. Brenda, please don't drown in my pool:) And Angel, I am so proud of you for stepping into the 21st century and getting a computer! You go girl!
We love you all and miss you so much. We thank God for our friends and family and can't wait to see you all.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, Mayme has a baby that is strong willed-how odd. HA HA! She is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to meet her and I can't wait to see you guys. I love how interested she is in that bird. Too cute. Hope the rest of the stay is good. If you think of anything else you guys need, send me an e-mail. I love you all! Dede

Anonymous said...

We have so enjoyed keeping up with all of your travels. Jimmy & I went to Vegas last week and I called Peggy everyday just to keep up with the news of the day. We love all of you and can't wait to see you. Emma is just a real cutie. Love to all...Aunt Jamie

Anonymous said...

Good morning McGowan family,
It is so awesome watching you guys from afar. We have such a similar story I hope to meet you all someday! Our little girl Emi is 17 mo. old now and also has missing fingers and webbed toes. I would love for you to check out our site sometime and maybe when you get back we could meet up sometime. We are from Springfield, TN. www.ourdaileyblessings.com. I pray you all have a wonderful uneventful flight home. Your daughter is just beautiful.
Blessings,
Christy

Melissa said...

So glad you enjoyed the massage! Any word on Emma's visa?

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having alot of fun with all the sight seeing. I know you guys want to get back to Cheatham County I know I did when the small group from church went to Mexico and that was only a few days. Mayme as long as Mrs. Esterlene stays away from you pool I think everything will be cool. You guys take care and see ya soon.