Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday - Getting Back on Track

Today was the first day that I have taken the boys to school since being home and we survived it. Only a few minutes later than I wanted to be, but when you have a 12 year old who doesn't move very fast in the mornings and a toddler who managed to require 3 diaper changes in 30 minutes, it can delay you.

I had the pleasure of taking a stool specimen (actually 3) to Emma's doctor's office this morning. Are you excited or what? I can only imagine being pulled over and the officer asking me what is in the green container. Do you think he would believe me or think I was being a sarcastic? Good thing I didn't have to find out!

Emma has been very pleasant today. She woke up happy and glad to see her bottle. She traveled well and then we went by the hospital to say hello to my coworkers and she tolerated that well. She was tired by the time we got home and is currently taking a much needed nap. The true test of our stamina will be shopping this afternoon while Brady is at Sylvan. I hope she can handle the shopping cart because I have to get groceries. My family is about to rebel if we don't get some food in this house.

Nothing major exciting to report and my computer/Internet is not wanting to load my pictures right now, so I guess I am signing off.

3 comments:

Chris May said...

I just found your blog today and love your little emma. She is so precious.

Maria said...

Your mundane activities sound FABULOUS to me because you are living proof that I WILL survive when I come home and WILL be able to leave the house -- something I'm fearful of right now. I need to call you soon -- I need a pep talk. :-)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog today. We got back from China with our son Gabe just this last February. He is missing his lower left arm. Like you we never notice it and are surprised when someone does. Do prepare yourself however for the first mean comment you will get. I thought I was prepared and it took me off guard at how much it effected me. Your Emma is just as precious as can be.

Dana
ds Jackson, age 8 (made in Kansas)
dd Grace, age 4 (made in China)
ds Gabriel, age 2 (made in China)
www.gabemakes5.wordpress.com