Sunday, September 7, 2008

Good morning!

Sweet baby. All smiles and happy.

Evil baby. We have made her mad. She can go from one personality to the next really quick.

My mom loves me and I'm learning to love her too. She is there every morning when I get up. I think I am figuring out that she isn't going to leave me.

This child is fascinated with toes and jewelry. She loves to touch my toes and our shoes.



Yes, I am the queen of my castle. (AKA - hotel room:)

Me and my king. I love my daddy. He gives me my bottles and he finally changed a stinky diaper this morning. Momma wasn't in the room, so he had no choice.
The boys and I (Mayme) are hanging out at Starbucks because it has free wireless and Emma is napping before we go to Shaiman Island. It's nice to have a free morning. I still had to get up early because of NVC paperwork that I needed to get to our guide. She is checking on it today while she is at the Consulate office working on the other families paperwork. Most people are leaving either tomorrow or Wednesday, but we have to stay until Friday due to the late Consulate apt. There are 2 other families that are here to Friday as well and all of us (the ladies) are nurses.
Emma slept well last night. She stayed up a little later than usual and then slept later. She is a good sleeper. I hope that continues after we get home. As long as you lay her down in her crib and leave her alone she is fine. I hope that she enjoys being rocked some at home, but this is good too. The boys never slept like this. I guess when you have to put yourself to sleep for 18 months of your life it's a hard habit to break. She just makes the sweetest noises when she is drifting off to sleep.
She continues to fight us while trying to feed her. She loves the bottle and we just keep putting more cereal in it and she ate a container of pears yesterday mixed with her bottle throughout the day. I can't wait until she eats food. She watches us do it and I make a big deal about how good everything is, but she's not too interested. It will come and then I won't be able to fill her up.
The boys are doing okay, but starting to get a little bored. I know they are ready to go home. 2 weeks is a long time to be holed up in hotels in a foreign country and overall, they have done well. They still have some homework to complete, but it's hard to keep them focused here. I am glad they came and I think they are too. We are all just so ready to come home.
All of the families seem to be doing well. Some of the parents are starting to get a cough and congestion type symptoms. The air is thick and everyone smokes. The humidity here in Guangzhou is worse that Florida ever dreamed of being. My hair - ugh! Oh well.
I suppose I should close and go check on Bo. He stayed in the room while Emma was napping. I'm sure he's getting a good nap too. Our schedules are so crazy and our bodies are feeling it. I am exhausted about the middle of the day and sleeping fairly well at night. I can only imagine how little miss will do when we get home and get her on our time. It's funny to think that we are leaving on Friday morning and getting home on Friday night. We are flying to Beijing around 9:30 Friday morning and have a lay over there for about 4 hours. We leave Beijing around 4:20 and then get home on Friday night at 9:20. Our lay over in Chicago is short and I am hopeful that we don't have any delays. We look forward to seeing our friends and family.






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know, I am not much of a "blogger", but your trip has even gotten ME hooked. We have really enjoyed being able to keep up. We had special prayer yesterday at church that all will go well to get you home as scheduled on Friday. I'm SO sorry that I will be out of town and miss that great event. See you when I get back from Colorado.

Melissa said...

Woohoo on Starbucks and wireless internet! Hope you enjoyed a few minutes alone - they're going to be few and far between! LOL

Anonymous said...

MAYME,
I WANTED TO TELL YOU WE ARE ALL
STILL KEEPING UP WITH YOU GUYS VIA
BLOG AND WE ARE THINKING OF YOU AND PRAYING FOR YOU. EMMA HAS CAPTURED OUR HEARTS TOO. BRENDA SAYS SHE'S BEEN ENJOYING THE POOL, BUT YOU NEED TO RESTOCK THE PEANUT BUTTER AT YOUR HOUSE. HA HA
WE LOVE YOU ALL!! CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO GET HOME!!
ALSO YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME TO BUY A COMPUTER AND GET OUT OF THE STONE AGE......
LOVE YA,
ANGEL
BRENDA KAY KATHY ALL SEND LOVE!!

Anonymous said...

If Emma were any cuter I think I would just melt in to a puddle in the floor!! I sent her pics out wiht prayer requests to put a face with a name and a friend of mine said her smile just makes you smile to. She is going to be quite a spark plug!! I wondered how your hair was holding up in that humidity, I figured you had given up by now. It's hard to fight that kind of moisture!! I am still praying for you as are many others. I will also ask the Lord to spare you all from jet lag!!
Take care and keep those blogs coming.
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We are a fellow AW family! I have been following your trip and have enjoyed reading all your posts! Your daughter is absolutely beautiful!

Shari May
Humble, TX
LID 9/28/06

Anonymous said...

Hello Mayme,
I met you at the dentist office (Dr. Beauchamp)& you gave me your blog address. I just wanted to let you know, how much I am enjoying reading your blog. Your daughter is just beautiful. I have been praying daily for you & your entire family. Congrats on your new addition to your family.
Tina