Tuesday, September 9, 2008

2 more days - Praise the Lord

Our new friends Barbara and Chrystina before the group pics.

Crossing her eyes to look at her bracelet. She loves this bracelet that our guide John gave her before leaving Nanjing.

Watching T.V. with dad.

Look at the smirk.

And then there were 3. There are 3 families left here to do paperwork. We all had the consulate appointments (our guide Amy goes to this) today and all our paperwork was okay. We go tomorrow for the official oath taking and getting Emma's Visa and then we get to prepare to leave. That is the part I'm looking most forward to.
Today has been a slow day because we had to stay in our rooms in case Amy needed us for questions. We are now free for the afternoon and are planning on taking a walk in the park next to the hotel. I'm so tired of being in a hotel and living out of a suitcase. Our hotel room is a mess. I'm so thankful that we got the boys their own room. Expensive, but worth it. They are really starting to get stir crazy. They went swimming last night. They said the pool didn't smell that good, but it was a very nice pool.
Emma had a moment last night at bedtime. She wouldn't take her bottle and just screamed and stiffened up in my arms. Bo was with the boys swimming, so I was on my own. She was so tired and she laid her head on her little hands and propped up on my chest. Remember, she has not fallen asleep in our arms yet (except the first day when she was sick). Her little eyes closed and she was so sweet. She then opened her eyes and I think she realized that she was in my arms and she started screaming again. I tried laying her down and she continued to scream and reach for me. I picked her up and calmed her and then put her back in the bed and she went to sleep. She slept all night and woke up happy. She only took 1/2 bottle then took a full one before nap time. We are changing her over to the cereal that I brought from home, so that may prove to be interesting on her system.
She is still just blossoming. She has a rash on her face and hope that it isn't eczema. It started with the heat so I hope that it's nothing serious. I just can't wait until we get her home and see the doctor. I have so many questions and concerns.
Little miss is getting fussy, so it's time to leave Starbucks and the free wireless. Please continue to pray for us. We are really getting tired of being here and can't wait to leave. We fly to Beijing and then we have to check our luggage again there and that will be a huge pain. They don't speak any English and we no Chinese, so that could be a problem. We have a 4 hour lay over and then our flight leaves at 4:20 p.m. for home. When we arrive in Chicago 13 hours later, we have a 3 1/2 hour lay over there as well. What a pain. We will have been on 7 different flights by the time we get home. 2 1/2 years, 14,000 miles, 7 flights, $27,000, hours of paperwork, 3 hotels, the end result - PRICELESS.
We love you all and continue to covet your prayers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We say "Praise the Lord" with you. Just think if you had had to wait, you wouldn't have left yet. Isn't God wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to blog. It has been a joy sharing the "moments" with you. Keeping you in our prayers. We love you all and can't wait for you to get back home with your precious Emma!

Anonymous said...

She looks beautiful in that traditional outfit! I hope you got a lot of pictures of her in that! I cannot wait for you guys to get home! Love, Dede

Maria said...

You are on the downhill slide toward Tennesse now for sure!!! Can't wait until you are home. I miss seeing you in the car rider line. I saw Linda Owen at school yesterday and she told me about you all being there (as if I didn't know) *smile* Another kid in school was telling us about you guys being gone to China -- so it's all the talk!! Have fun the last few days. I know you don't believe me, but you'll miss it after you've been home a while.

Melissa said...

I echo Maria - enjoy the last several days as best you can, because you really will miss it.

Praying that the last two days go well!

Love the picture of Emma in her traditional dress!

Erica said...

You're journey is almost over! Emma looks so natural watching TV with her Daddy. She is just adorable. Be sure to tell Bo to bring lots of pictures to Nissan!

We're praying for you!
Erica R.

Anonymous said...

I just found out abut this blog. Emma is absolutely beautiful! Can t wait to meet her. I am praying for yall on your long jouney home. Love and miss you. Pam Brown