Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sept. 3 (I think)






Little miss is sleeping right now, so I decided to use my time wisely. She seems to feel better today, although she is still congested. No fever today and she finally pooped after having a glycerin supp. Three times to be exact!

The boys and Bo have gone with our guide to the orphanage today and I am anxious to hear their reactions. The orphanage gave us a DVD with some pictures on it of her and they gave her a gift for luck. They seemed very nice and obviously cared for her. One of the nannies asked our guide to ask us how we felt about Emma's hands and feet and would be able to help her. We explained that we would get her taken care of and that we loved her regardless.

I managed to sleep last night for the first time with a little help from a Phenergan. I had some nausea last night, but luckily none of us have been sick. Not unless you count homesick. Now we are all certainly that!

China is a completely different world. It's amazing the differences and I guess when you are a small town girl, this really seems crazy. I am looking forward to heading to Guangzhou and meeting up with the other families. It's kind of lonely here.

We appreciate all the sweet comments and all the prayers. This little girl is special and I will admit, I have more concerns that I had planned on. She has all of the sensory issues that a little one that has spent her entire life is an orphanage should have. She has a ready smile though and laughs out loud at the funniest things. I know that she is going to be fine, it will just be nice to get home and have a doctor examine her and tell me these things.

We love you all and cannot begin to express the gratitude we feel for all the love and support that you have shown. To be half way around the world and know that people are praying for you makes it much more tolerable.

Bo is a push over. This girl has him completely wrapped and Brady is smitten with her too. Ashton has finally warmed up and now thinks she's funny and cute. I think he has just been so overwhelmed. I am glad the boys are getting to experience this. It's a life changing event.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad she's feeling some better. I knew Brady would be in love just from the way he's been with Rory. Have a safe trip back to your group!

Edgar and Barbara said...

McGowan family...what a beautiful little girl you have. We can't wait to meet her on Friday! Can't wait to see you all and all of the other families on Friday...it's quite lonely here also.

Love,
Edgar, Barbara & Crystina

Anonymous said...

You all look so natural with Emma. I know she will be the delight of your life. Remember, this, too, shall pass. You will be home soon and this will be a memory. We can't wait until you get here!

Love and Prayers,

Brenda

Maria said...

Just know that being away from home and all that is "normal" seems to exacerbate things a lot. Things that seem really difficult there will seem manageable once you are in your own home and surrounded by the familiar. She (and all of you) are going to be fine. It might take a bit to find what I call your "new normal" but it will come and you will feel as if you never knew life without her. The boys seem to be having fun with her and she seems amazed by them. They will be excellent brothers. I hope their trip to the orphanage goes well. I continue to pray for all of you and your safety and health. I'm glad you got some sleep.