Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A New Month - Finally

Well, after a few days of not posting you would think I would have something exciting to talk about, but alas, I do not. Our weekend was nice, no ballgames. Sunday we had a baby shower for Angel and she got lots of things. Poor girl looks so miserable. She is ready for this baby to arrive - I know how she feels in a different way:) Bo was home yesterday and the weather was nasty in the morning so we went to Goodwill and had lunch at Panera Bread. It was a good day together and then the afternoon was beautiful. I went for a walk with Melissa and Shelley, grilled some salmon for dinner, and watched Dancing With the Stars. Am I just full of excitement or what!

We all went for a walk again this morning and it was so nice. Little Rory rode in her stroller and I had the work out opportunity to push. Certainly adds some weight to the work out. She was adorable and all smiles.

Brady and I will be going to Washington in May. I overruled him and decided it was too good of an opportunity for him and he couldn't back out. Now you know the rest of that story. He's still a little on the undecided side of the fence, but I think he will have fun. I hope so, or I will have to hear about it forever. He was so funny this weekend. He told me he held Rory and she kissed him and "now my life is complete". He went to his friend Ryan's house for a birthday party Sunday afternoon and Cara (Ryan's older sister - 17) was trying on her prom dress when Brady arrived. He told me later that Cara looked so pretty and it was like "walking into a dream". OK, so he is seriously girl crazy. She is really cute though!

Adoption news - none. Referrals usually come at the beginning of each month. so it's time for some. According to the rumor queen http://chinaadopttalk.com/, the CCAA will only be referring to January 9, 2006. Of course, our agency doesn't have anyone logged in on that day. Our next batch would be Jan. 10. That would put CCAA only referring 5 days worth for the last month. Unbelievable and so frustrating! When I think about how long this is taking, it overwhelms me. Yes, I am praying in FAITH, yes I know that it will all be worth it in the end, but that doesn't make it better now. I can't understand why it's taking so long. If we didn't have so much invested, I would think about adopting from another country. I'm not so sure that might not be the right thing to do, but I hate to jump ship when we've put so much of our heart, soul and money into China. I can't wait until this is all over and we have Emma home. If you ever want to learn patience, adopt. It will put you in your place! Type A personalities, beware.

Well, I really should do something productive at my house today. It's one of those days I have no desire to clean. I need to do some catching up on my Bible reading, make some phone calls, send some cards, and certainly work around here! I thought walking would give me a burst of energy today, but suddenly I am dragging. It will be time to pick the boys up and another day of nothing accomplished!

No comments: