Thursday, April 24, 2008

An Afternoon with Grumpy Young Men

I'm not sure if the stars were in some kind of weird alignment or what the deal was, but my 2 boys were absolutely horrible yesterday. From the moment I picked them up from school, they argued, complained, fussed, you name it! We had an orthodontist apt. and all the way there Ashton bothered Brady by looking at him, touching him, pretending to touch him, touching his backpack, MAJOR infractions such as that. Brady's response, yell, threaten, complain, whine. A really good approach to problem resolution that only pours gas on Ashton's fire. I absolutely felt like beating them both! After we got home, Ashton went to get the eggs from the chicken house and some how, Brady ends up coming to the house with his pants covered in egg yolk. Ashton's response, "I was aiming at the tree." Yeah, right! Ashton did get disciplined for that one by Bo and then he got to wash the jeans and get the yolk cleaned off. He did not enjoy that at all. Boys! What is the deal? I hope they come home in a better mood today.

I had a good walk with my mom and her little dog Jack this morning. She does pretty good for and "old" woman. It was such a nice morning to be outside. The breeze is wonderful. So I have managed to get in 2 walks this week and go to the driving range and hit numerous balls. Of course yesterday I couldn't hit anything. I really want to play golf, but yesterday made me almost decide against it.

No new adoption news. Referrals should be coming in the next week or so. Hopefully the CCAA will refer more than 5 days worth, but who knows.

YEAH! I made our final Washington payment today. If Brady manages to pass 8th grade (and he will), then it's a go. I am looking forward to it. If only I could some how escape from all of the kids going on the trip, I'm sure it would be even more fun. Brady is looking forward to going to the Holocaust Museum and we may be able to go to the White House. I really love history, so this is right up my alley. Brady's number one concern, "Can I order the biggest item on the menu when we go to the pizza restaurant?" A never ending appetite.

No comments: