Sunday, April 13, 2008

Parenting - It Ain't for the Faint of Heart

It is true what they say, parenting is the hardest job in the world. The last few days have been the type of days that make me feel like I don't know what I'm doing, but I want to do it right. Brady has been having some issues with feeling like he doesn't get to do what his friends do and he always has to go to Ashton's games, etc. Granted, that is true. However, it seems that his friends might be left to do whatever they want with little supervision. I'll be honest, I may be overprotective, but I am not going to let him "hang out" with people that I don't know and have that gut feeling that comes with being a parent. He's not very happy with us right now, and I will be glad when school is out and he has some time away from these friends. I'm sure they are decent kids, but I'm not taking any chances. I have given him the option to have his friends over here to hang out, but that doesn't seem as appealing to him. God knew what he was doing when he gave us babies to grow to love, because if he had given us teenagers He knew we would have handed them back! Please pray for us as we face these situations, because in all seriousness, this is really hard to deal with and I want to do it right.

My other dilemma, Ashton was supposed to have a game last night in Gallatin at 9pm. Okay, we drive all the way there and the game has been cancelled. Bo didn't get the message on his phone and we wasted all that time and gas. Needless to say, I wasn't happy. Now Ashton has a game today at 12. I'm not happy about that either. We have tried to avoid keeping the boys out of church due to sports, etc. and now we are faced with it. Ashton did really well Friday night, scoring 16 points in his 2 games and today's game will be the championship game and I know he wants to play in it. Bo and I have disagreed on how to handle it, but I have left it up to him and as of now, Ashton is going to play in the game. My problem is, do I miss church and watch him play. I don't get to see his games on Fridays due to work and I know he wants me to go. We never miss church on Sunday and I don't want him to think it's okay. I had a talk with him last night and he knows that we are not happy about this, but it's hard for a kid to grasp it all. These are the times that try men's (and women's) souls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify Ashton had 10 points in the first game and 16 points in the second game for a total of 26 points in the 2 games. Dont short the player! Also the whinning husband's team won the championship !!!